Wednesday, July 11, 2012

New Morning Ritual

Since I started my new job, and the later hours that go with it, I have been promising myself that gym would be a big part of my morning ritual.
That hasn’t happened.
Instead, I get up, shower, make breakfast and tea and get back into bed.
I then check on Kendi to see what she’s wearing (thanks for sharing with me, Cakes), rack my brain for ways to come up with similar outfits, get depressed because of my lack of key pieces and put on some jeans.
Who’s Kendi?
Weeell, she is a girl, just like me.
In her own words (on her FB page)

“People think that when you get married and move to a small town you should get pregnant. I started a blog. (It's a girl).”

Since then (2009) she has moved to Dallas and opened a clothing store called Bloom. And yes, you guessed it. I want everything.

I know, I know, I sound materialistic, but let’s be honest here, I am only female after all.

What I like about Kendi is that she has a few key pieces that she wears… beautifully. She isn’t rocking a different Lanvin sweater everyday, nor is she punting the big brands or putting up outfits without saying where things are from. And even though 99% of the stores are not in SA, seeing H&M look so good is reassuring.

But, that’s just my opinion, and what do I know about fashion?
See for yourself {click the pic :) }

No comments:

Post a Comment