Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tick Tock

While I may have been working like a crazy, and trying my absolute best-est-est, some people are just not interested in what I have to say.
So then I switch it up and stop selling and start offering a service. I offer advise. I offer to be taught. I offer an ear. And I offer some tea.
And slowly, SLOWLY the meetings start to trickle in. Why, just today I have two in Pretoria. And yes, before you ask, I do have my poppie bling bling earrings on.
I know I have only been 'at it' for two weeks now, but I can see my targets and performance review looming...  And I don't know about you, but I battle with the whole running-away-from-something-in-heels thing. Walking briskly forward (with purpose as our high school principal drilled into our heads). But definitely not backwards.

Now, it could be that my standards for myself are way higher than they should be, but at the end of the day, words and tried-to-reach-them's don't matter, figures on a page do.
(It could also be that it is that Oktoberfest-y time of year and all the Munich friends are throwing pictures and fun beer-filled statuses around and making me a little jealous.)

So, with some tea in my right hand and a phone in my left, I will (somehow) huck up my big girl brooks and Get There. After all, I did say it was only onward and upward from here, and I can't go and take that back now, can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment