Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wordies

After school I studied English and History. While there were many factors that led to this choice, the main one was, quite simply, that I had no clue what I wanted to do so I did what I love. How fortunate am I?

I love people. I love watching them, seeing how they interact with each other, how they interact with me, and even how they interact with themselves. It absolutely fascinates me that everyone has a story, just not everyone gets to tell theirs.

And English... Wow. It's not a language I sit and go on and on about. I don't feel the need to use fancy words because I believe in the little guys and how effective they can be when used correctly. I just love reading, and literature, and the meanings.

But I'm no boffin. There are millions and trillions of things for me to still learn. So while I might love to talk, and voice my opinion (even though it sometimes goes round and round to nowhere) I like to sometimes just shut my mouth, and observe. Listen to other peoples opinions. Choose my fights.

Now the thing that really gets me fired up, is a combo of the two. Meeting interesting people with a love for words... I want people like that on the other side of the tea table.

These are some words I learnt today:
Xenodochienologist- a person with a love for fine hotels and restaurants.
Pusillanimous- showing a lack of courage / being timid
Pismire- ant
Kakopygian- possessing an ugly set of buttocks

What do you think? Cool or what!
Likelihood of these words ever coming into my brain when needed... Probably null!

What are your favourite words?
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment